At Anything Printing we are frequently asked what the difference is between our Remanufactured printer cartridges and other compatible cartridge options available in the marketplace. In this article we compare the two options, explain the main differences between both options and why our Re-manufactured printer cartridges are superior in quality.
The #1 reason consumers look to an aftermarket printer cartridge is cost savings. With the cost of printer consumables constantly on the rise consumers look for a more cost-effective option to help save on their monthly bottom line in-house/ in-office printing costs.
In this article we take a look at our Remanufactured cartridges vs Compatible cartridge options available and why our premium remanufactured inks and toners should receive some serious consideration.
Cartridge Components (The working parts inside your cartridge)
A Compatible printer cartridge is made from all new parts which are closely copied to mimic the original cartridge. None of the parts are recycled and all plastics, aluminum and other components are brand new knock-offs. Often times the components used are made with the goal of matching the OEM specs but more often than not lack the quality the manufacturer intended for the cartridge.
Our Remanufactured printer cartridges are made from a combination of new and recycled components. They are created by taking an original (used/ empty) cartridge and taking it through our proprietary automated quality control process of cleaning, examining, replacing worn out parts, filling it with (Manufacturer) ink and toner and post testing the cartridge before resale. The body of the cartridge is made by the same manufacturer that made your printer. Many of the parts inside our cartridges are reused original components that may have been cleaned and left for a second cycle.
Compatible printer cartridges are made with the main goal to produce a new cartridge as cheaply as possible. None of the original cartridge components are re-used and some of the true cartridge features are not included. Instead, new components are created to closely match and mimic the functionality of the original cartridge. In a lot of manufacturing environments compatible cartridges are assembled by hand, by unskilled workers with little to no quality control processes in place.
Our Remanufactured cartridges start by using an OEM manufacturer cartridge and we inspect and test the empty cartridge for damage or defect. We use a lot of OEM parts in our process to ensure integrity of the cartridge. Our process is 100% automated and our products must meet OEM manufacturer standards. Our Remanufactured cartridges are also print tested for quality before they are packaged for resale.
While the remanufactured printer cartridge starts from a high quality base, the compatible printer cartridge starts from the cheapest base. Compatible printer cartridges are produced so cheaply that they can be dumped on the market for even less than the cost of a re-manufactured cartridge. An empty core which is required to create a remanufactured cartridge, could be more expensive than the whole cost of the new compatible cartridge.
While our Remanufactured printer cartridges are made from an original cartridge made by the manufacturer of your printer to exacting specifications, the Compatible printer cartridge is made to closely match the original. Because of these varying degrees of tolerances the Compatible cartridge may not fit in your printer as well as the Remanufactured cartridge. Due to poor fit, frequent printing issues may arise. Your printer could also be physically damaged by a poor fitting compatible printer cartridge.
A Compatible printer cartridge uses all new parts and resources and wastes approximately 5 pounds of our Earth’s natural resources. A Remanufactured printer cartridge reuses many of the original cartridge parts. Because of this, far fewer of the natural resources go toward creation of a Remanufactured cartridge.
Toner and Ink
In a lot cases Compatible cartridges replace using genuine OEM toner with cheap bulk toner or ink. Bulk toner and ink is used to fill a wide variety of different manufacturer cartridges.
Our Remanufactured cartridges use genuine OEM toner for all manufacturers. If it’s an HP cartridge it gets HP ink!
Country of Origin
A large portion of Compatible cartridges originate in China and Hong Kong.
Our Remanufactured cartridges are made in North America in the USA.
Some Compatible cartridges offer a 30-90 day warranty but the order takes almost a month to get to you.
Our Remanufactured cartridges are backed by a 1 year warranty. We also have a dedicated technical support line for any questions or issues.
We carry a wide variety of Remanufactured ink, toner and MICR toner for Brother, Canon, Epson, Hewlett Packard, Lexmark, Samsung, Toshiba, Xerox and more.
Send your printer cartridge model to email@example.com.
The Brother™ MFC-8510DN is a cost efficient monochrome laser all-in-one for your desktop or busy office. It combines fast, reliable monochrome printing and copying up to 38ppm, color scanning and faxing into one compact design. Share this all-in-one with others on your network via its built-in Ethernet interface or print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, or Cortado Workplace. Plus, it offers automatic duplex (two-sided) printing to help save paper and a convenient USB Direct Interface‡ for walk-up printing and scanning. To help lower your operating costs, a high-yield replacement toner cartridge is available.
- Fast, high-quality printing and copying. Produces professional black & white output at impressive print and copy speeds of up to 38 pages per minute.
- Flexible connectivity†. Print, scan or PC Fax over your Ethernet network or connect locally via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Automatic duplex printing. Print professional two-sided documents and booklets. Also, create two-sided output from one-sided originals when copying and faxing. This feature can help save you money and reduce your paper use by up to 50%.
- Convenient mobile device printing & scanning. Print from your mobile device via‡:AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace. Plus, wirelessly scan to your mobile device with the Brother™ iPrint&Scan app.
- Advanced scanning capabilities‡. Supports a variety of “scan to” functions including: E-mail, file, image, OCR, FTP, USB, Network (CIFS) and E-mail Server.
- Flexible paper handling. The MFC-8510DN features an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity tray for letter or legal-size paper, plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray.
- Cost efficient performance. A high-yield 8,000-page‡ toner cartridge is available to help lower your operating costs.
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder‡. Use for unattended copying, faxing or scanning of multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Convenient walk-up printing and scanning. A USB Direct Interface is located on the front of the machine for printing files from or scanning files to your USB flash memory drive‡.
- Advanced security features. Provides a wide-range of security features including: secure print, Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x) and more.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother™ MFC-8510DN offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.